X-PERT is the most clinically and cost-effective structured education programme. Contact us for more information and costings. The beauty of X-PERT Health is the ease with which it can be integrated into any CCG or Trust with minimal fuss and disruption for maximum consumer benefit. As well as providing patient awareness, the programmes can be managed by our team.
A. Deliver X-PERT Programmes – Become Trained Educators
Healthcare professionals, link workers and lay educators can attend our training to deliver the X-PERT Health programmes. NHS funding is now more diverse creating opportunities for influencers such as freelance personal coaches and dietitians to become advocates and promote the X-PERT Health programmes too so you may be employed by a licensed organisation or hold a freelance licence.
We provide all the information, tools and techniques necessary, however, it will help to have the basic knowledge, skills and understanding of pre-diabetes/diabetes to deliver the relevant programme and also be familiar with adult education principles. Recommended competencies to deliver different aspects of the programme can be found in the competency framework document.
Why Become An X-PERT Educator?
- help people at risk to prevent diabetes
- assist people with diabetes with self-managing their diabetes
- demonstrate improved health outcomes
- increase your job satisfaction
- develop new knowledge and skills (CPD)
How Do I Become A Registered X-PERT Educator?
- successfully complete the initial training course and update every 2 years
- undertake the quality assurance assessment during the first year of delivery to demonstrate that standards and learning objectives are being met
- repeat the quality assurance assessment every 3 years
- Contact us for more information and costings.
B. Managed Service – Let X-PERT Take On Your Waiting List & Reduce The Burden On Your Staff
X-PERT Health will deliver the courses for your waiting list using our in-house educators, delivered in local venues at times suitable for your patients. Let us reduce your waiting list. We source and train the educators, we arrange local venues and we contact your waiting list and offer a course at suitable times. We aim to reach 85% of your waiting list and charge a fee per patient.
We can demonstrate an excellent return on investment with our structured education programmes. We will work with your organisation to tailor a package of services to meet the requirements of your community. X-PERT Health is the market leader in the provision of clinically and cost effective structured education for the prevention and management of diabetes. We have NICE compliant programmes for pre-diabetes, Type 2 and Type 1 diabetes. Contact us for a customised ROI report and business case.
Our Key Messages
- Effective education programmes: X-PERT Prevention of Diabetes (X-POD), X-PERT Diabetes, X-PERT Insulin
- Empowering and engaging
- Meeting individual needs
- Flexible options for educators’ implementation
- We can save you time and money by training your team to administer and deliver the X-PERT Health programmes
- Train your administration and support team
- Proven to halt or/and revise progression of PRE & Type 2 Diabetes
- Quality assured & annually audited
- NICE compliant
Evidence Based: The X-PERT Diabetes Programmes are the most clinically effective structured education programmes fully evaluated with a randomised controlled trial demonstrating highly statistical significant reductions in blood glucose, blood pressure, blood cholesterol, body weight and waist circumference and an improvement in quality of life.
- Considered to be the most cost effective diabetes self-management programme
- Cost saving through a reduced requirement for diabetes medication
- Proven to work in newly diagnosed and people with existing diabetes
- Demonstrable improvements for both white Caucasians and non-English speaking BAME groups
- Meets the NICE key criteria for diabetes prevention [July 2012] and diabetes structured education [January 2006]
- Enables providers to fulfil the NICE Quality Standard [March 2011] and the 2013/14 QOF indicators for diabetes, especially NM013 and NM014
Comments from X-PERT Diabetes Educators: