We are recruiting Diabetes Educators in Greater Manchester
Would you like to be involved in an exciting project to improve the health inequalities of people with Type 2 diabetes within the South Asian Community in Greater Manchester? You will need to be able to speak Urdu fluently.
The project involves the delivery of 10 X-PERT Health Diabetes programmes in Urdu, across Greater Manchester at venues within: Heywood, Middleton and Rochdale; Oldham; Bolton; and Central Manchester.
Full training and support will be provided to deliver the programmes but you must be able to attend the educator training dates of 27th to 29th June.
- The ability to speak English and Urdu fluently.
- Basic knowledge of Type 2 diabetes.
- Be confident delivering education to groups, both face to face and on virtual platforms.
- Having a full driving licence with access to your own transport and insurance for business use.
- Your own laptop and stable internet connection to deliver virtual sessions.
- Healthcare professional.
- Experience in group education.
Salary – £20 per hour (dependant on experience), which equates to £420 per programme delivered.
To apply, please send your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com.
Closing date is Monday 17th April 2023 at 9am.
First virtual interviews will be held on Thursday 20th April (pm) and Friday 21st April (am). Second virtual interviews will take place on Wednesday 3rd May.