This Pumpkin Soup recipe is the perfect Halloween dish! 🎃
1kg pumpkin (even though it will reduce waste by using your carving pumpkin, they won’t have as much flavour as other varieties)
2 medium onions
1 large carrot
750ml vegetable stock
Salt and pepper to taste
150ml double cream
Method: Number of Servings 6 (400g) / Prep Time 20 Minutes – Cook Time 40 Minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C/340°F
2. Remove skin and seeds (which can be kept for roasting) of the pumpkin and dice (alternatively, you can roast the pumpkin whole and scoop out the insides). Place on a roasting tray and pop in the oven for approximately 30 minutes or until soft.
3. Whilst the pumpkin is in the oven, dice the onion, carrot, and leek and add to a medium heated pan with olive oil. Sautee for 5 minutes.
4. Add cooked pumpkin and stock to the vegetable pan, let it boil and then simmer for a further 5-10 minutes until everything is soft.
5. Remove from heat and add salt and pepper to taste
6. Add double cream and puree with a hand blender (if you’re making on Halloween you can blend first and then decorate the cream in a spider web design)
7. Serve and enjoy!
(depending on your dietary approach, this soup can be served on its own, with wholegrain bread or parmesan crisps)
Nutritional Information Per Serving: