About X-PERT Diabetes Digital
X-PERT Diabetes Digital has been developed following the success of the award winning X-PERT Diabetes Prevention & Management group education programme. It combines individual learning with support from a personal X-PERT Health Coach to help you make changes to your lifestyle that are right for you. The programme will not tell you what to do, but will provide you with the knowledge, understanding and confidence to help you make informed choices.
What does the programme involve?
- All the sessions from the group programme delivered in an interactive and engaging way using a range of 2D and 3D animated videos, text, quizzes, questionnaires and games
- “How to” exercise videos and integration with Google Fit and Apple Health, which will help you build physical activity into your routine
- Support from a personalised health coach – you will be able to book telephone consultations with your X-PERT Health Coach when YOU want them and at times to suit YOU to provide you with extra help and support to help you make the changes that are right for you
- Sleep and mood trackers with support and tips on how to improve these things
- Motivational prompts to support you in reaching your goals. You will be able to personalise your notifications and reminders
- Rewards for reaching milestones – achieve awards as you progress through the programme
- Access to a recipe database – choose the dietary approach for your lifestyle, and find new and exciting meals to help you adapt your new way of eating to your needs and preferences. You can also upload your own recipes, and see those added by others, so there will always be something new to try!
- A live chat function that is available 24 hours per day so many of your queries can be answered immediately
- A group chat function and access to the online forum so you can also gain support and share experiences with other people with Type 2 diabetes
How will the programme benefit me?
The X-PERT Diabetes Digital Programme can help you to:
- reduce your blood glucose levels and blood pressure, and improve the ratio of fats in your blood
- put your prediabetes or Type 2 diabetes into remission
- lose weight and reduce your waist size
- adopt a healthier dietary approach
- become more active
- reduce your risk of developing further health problems
- increase your confidence and ability to look after your health
- improve your mental health and quality of life
- reduce your medication requirements
What users have said about the programme
“This app together with the book will be of great benefit to those who can’t attend group sessions”
“Handbook is well written and contains lots of information on food”
“This is a course that all people with diabetes MUST go on”
How do I access the programme?
You can participate in the programme from your home using a smart phone, tablet, desktop computer or laptop. You will have access to all the content for 12 months so you can work your way through the sessions at your own pace, recapping and revisiting any parts when you need to.
- If you want to access the programme on a mobile phone or a tablet you will need Android 8+ or iOS 10+
- If you want to access the programme on a desktop computer or laptop you will need Windows 8.1+ or Mac OSX 10.9+ and you will need to use one of the following browsers: Internet Explorer 11 or above, Firefox, Chrome, Edge, Safari for iPad/iPhone
What happens after I have chosen X-PERT?
- You will receive a welcome email
- Use the link in the email to set your password and download the app (unless you want to access is on a desktop computer or laptop, in which case no download is required)
- You will be provided with our contact details so if you are having difficulties, you can contact us at any time
- When you login for the first time, you will be asked some quick questions to help adapt the programme to suit your requirements. You’re then read to start!
- We will receive a notification that you are set-up and we will post the supporting handbook
In order to personalise your Diabetes Digital Programme we will ask you to provide some details at check-out:
- a telephone number for your health coach to call you on if you make any appointments with them (you can book as many appointments as you like, up to a total of 120 minutes), to discuss anything to do with the programme and your goals
- your NHS Number is required so we can set up your account. If you do not know your NHS number, it should be included at the top of any letters you have received from the NHS or you will be able to find it out by contacting your GP practice
- whether you have Prediabetes or Type 2 Diabetes
- a shipping address for your X-PERT Diabetes Handbook
X-PERT Diabetes Digital adheres to NICE guidance, is QISMET certified and is awaiting NHS app store approval.